[npnog] fast.com vs speedtest.net

Indiver Badal ib at indiver.com
Thu Jul 21 10:19:30 NPT 2016

Hi

As most of you are aware Netflix launched fast.com a couple months
back, providing a simple interface and measures just your download
speed. No options to choose test servers unlike speedtest.net.

I recently noticed, speedtest.net is redesigning their website,
probably in response to Fast.com. Check out beta.speedtest.net

Fast.com tests from my office seems to be hitting Akamai japan.
Results are comparable to Speedtest.net towards the same city. I'm
interested in knowing what others are seeing.

Thanks
Indiver