[npnog] Tweets about .NP being leaked!!

Kabindra Shrestha kabindra at geeks.net.np
Tue Sep 26 13:27:58 NPT 2017

Hello Gyanu dai,

I now see the NS list for com.np is changed but the thing is all the locally hosted servers have been removed form the authoritative list of COM.NP.

kabindra$ dig ns com.np +short
ns-ext.vix.com.
ns-ext.isc.org.
sec1.apnic.net.

The only reason you will be getting answer from the locally hosted servers is because they are also carrying COM.NP at the moment, if that isn't the case, we will be querying all the out of Nepal servers to get the delegation info for *.COM.NP servers.

kabindra$ dig ns np. +short
sec3.apnic.net.
ns-ext.isc.org.
np-ns.anycast.pch.net.
shikhar.mos.com.np.
np-ns.npix.net.np.
np.cctld.authdns.ripe.net.

My suggestion, please do not remove the locally hosted or Anycasted servers like,

np-ns.npix.net.np
shikhar.mos.com.np
np-ns.anycast.pch.net

Also, the nameserver "ns-ext.vix.com." listed in the com.np and other *.NP servers is giving NXDOMAIN, so either fix that or remove it from the list.

kabindra$ dig ns-ext.vix.com a

; <<>> DiG 9.11.1-P2 <<>> ns-ext.vix.com a
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ns-ext.vix.com.			IN	A

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
vix.com.		306	IN	SOA	ns-676.awsdns-20.net. awsdns-hostmaster.amazon.com. 1 7200 900 1209600 86400

;; Query time: 2 msec
;; SERVER: 202.79.32.4#53(202.79.32.4)
;; WHEN: Tue Sep 26 13:24:08 NPT 2017
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 124

kabindra$ dig ns-ext.vix.com aaaa

; <<>> DiG 9.11.1-P2 <<>> ns-ext.vix.com aaaa
;; global options: +cmd
;; Got answer:
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 1

;; OPT PSEUDOSECTION:
; EDNS: version: 0, flags:; udp: 4096
;; QUESTION SECTION:
;ns-ext.vix.com.			IN	AAAA

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
vix.com.		294	IN	SOA	ns-676.awsdns-20.net. awsdns-hostmaster.amazon.com. 1 7200 900 1209600 86400

;; Query time: 233 msec
;; SERVER: 202.79.32.4#53(202.79.32.4)
;; WHEN: Tue Sep 26 13:24:10 NPT 2017
;; MSG SIZE  rcvd: 124