[npnog] Fwd: Create RPKI ROA for your IP prefixes

Rupesh Shrestha rupeshbstha at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 09:37:11 +0545 2020

Dear networking community of Nepal,

Hope you are well and safe in this critical situation.

While most of you are probably working from home, I’d like to urge you to
create/correct RPKI ROAs for your prefixes if not done yet. This is an
important routing security best practice and can be done while working from
home.

You can check your ROA status at https://bgp.he.net
<https://bgp.he.net/?fbclid=IwAR0TjxZ60smgLTgFnG0NZZyP4Pin4ddB4weRrw4IsDe8yWFcTMgj1KeRix8>
by searching your ASN and then check the Prefixes v4 and Prefixes v6 tabs.
There are several other methods and tools as well.

ROA can be created in less than 5 minutes from your MyAPNIC member portal.
This guide may help you with it:
https://www.apnic.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/ROUTE_MANAGEMENT_GUIDE.pdf
<https://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.apnic.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2017%2F12%2FROUTE_MANAGEMENT_GUIDE.pdf%3Ffbclid%3DIwAR3yGjJnQPNljfC8tvU9XA-J5nTfyq-JU5npO5UN6-fj85ZQSrNYJvx8sXE&h=AT1JcWeKTP-rbqEscz50Zckbu34iDXAXFshgxdhv-IclCkOFX9Qho8jpVLAL2N-Bc_wgu0i2XfREZ-_7Yqv8QOerCv77hveFtDDhhjsV2SO_DahV4RdwfQBeeQlUz9rvWcc>

I believe you are able to do it, however, please do not hesitate to contact
me if you require any help. I would be more than happy to request and
assign helping hands from our community, if needed in this regard.

Stay safe.

Regards,
Rupesh Shrestha
CEO.